In The News
·December 17, 2018
EconoFact attracts attention from the media and policy thinkers, and serves as a resource to journalists, because it occupies a unique space, bridging the gap between academic research and the analysis of public policy with non-partisan analysis by leading academic economists.
Coverage of EconoFact’s mission to contribute to the public debate includes:
- Christian Science Monitor quotes EconoFact Founder and co-executive editor Michael Klein on the U.S. economy. The article also cites EconoFact memos on stock market volatility and the inversion of the yield curve.
- New York Daily News cites EconoFact's memo on whether immigrants are more likely to commit crimes (click here for the article).
- Financial Times cites EconoFact's memo on whether governments should tax sugary drinks (click here for the memo).
- Vox quotes EconoFact co-executive editor Michael Klein on tariffs and trade.
- The Fiscal Times feature on EconoFact “The Fight Against Fake Facts has a New Army of Unlikely Warriors”.
- Financial Times writer James Politi cites EconoFact as an important resource.
- PolicyCast by the Harvard Kennedy School interviewed EconoFact Co-Executive editor Michael Klein.
- PRI’s The World correspondent Jason Margolis discusses EconoFact.
The analysis and information provided by EconoFact informs policy influencers and journalists who are reporting on current events and critical issues. For example:Kadee Russ and Lydia Cox on steel tariffs putting United States jobs at risk was cited in a range of outlets, including:
- NY Times - Upshot
- The Washington Post - Max Boot column, Glenn Kessler’s fact checking.
- Reuters - Steve Holland and Ginger Gibson article
- Marketplace - Interviews Kadee Russ
- Toronto Globe and Mail - Laura Dawson article
- Morningstar - Trade War with China
- The Federal Bank of New York - Steel Tariffs and Jobs
- The Guardian - Steel and aluminum tariffs trigger stock market sell-off
- PRI's The World - this segment (listen at 27:30) and this one
- CNN - piece by Stephen Moore
- Washington Post - Jared Bernstein column
- Politifact - Miriam Valverde article
- The PBS Newshour MakingSen$e - posted this memo
- Harvard Business School - cited in paper on Tax Cuts and Inequality
- TV Station KSTP (Minneapolis, MN) - refers to it in a broadcast segment
- Business Insider - article
- Congressman Keith Ellison (5th District, MN) - comments on Twitter.
- The City Attorney of San Francisco - in its press release announcing a lawsuit directed at the Trump administration's policy on sanctuary cities.
- Project Syndicate - on 20th September 2018, and this was reproduced in The Guardian.
- Bloomberg - article by Noah Smith
- Washington Post - article that was reproduced by the Baltimore Post, and another mention in the Washington Post.
To contact with any questions or comments, please email [email protected].